You can become an owner for just $180. You can choose to pay $22.50 installments every three months, plus a non-refundable $10 administrative fee. Or pay all at once and we’ll waive the administrative fee. Remember, your equity investment of $180 is fully refundable. If you ever decide you no longer want to be a member, we give it back.
1. Participate in co-op decision-making by voicing your opinions in board meetings and voting in elections.
2. Take part in co-op owner only sales days.
3. In profitable years, receive a patronage rebate, a cooperative practice of sharing owner earnings with owners of the co-op. A rebate gives your share of the profits that your purchases generated for the co-op each year.
4. “Conspiracy News,” the co-op’s bi-monthly newsletter mailed to your home.
5. Get free unclassified ad space in our “Community News” newsletter (50 words non-commercial each issue).
6. Have the experience of shopping where you own the store, being part of an organization that has nourished the community since 1971.
7. Option to receive e-receipts electronically for all shopping transactions.
8. The opportunity to run for the Board of Directors, after being owner for the co-op for six months.
9. Eligible for Owner Extras which is special pricing on select products just for Food Conspiracy owners.
10. Ability to place money-saving Special Orders.
The Food Conspiracy Co-op is owned by its members and open to the public. Since 1971 we have been providing the highest quality natural and organic foods to the Tucson community. Anyone may become a Food Conspiracy owner.