April 1, 2014 – April 30, 2014
April is the best time to join the Food Conspiracy Co-op! Get free green tote bag and a coupon for up to $10 off Conspiracy Kitchen prepared food when you join the Food Conspiracy Co-op in April.
Becoming an owner is simple and easy!
You can become an owner for just $180. You can choose to pay $22.50 installments every three months, plus a non-refundable $10 administrative fee. Or pay all at once and we’ll waive the administrative fee. Remember, your equity investment of $180 is fully refundable. If you ever decide you no longer want to be a member, we give it back.
1. Participate in co-op decision-making by voicing your opinions in Board meetings and voting in elections.
2. Take part in Member+Owner sales. Items on sale change every two weeks.
3. Save on Basic Buys items, a monthly program that prices healthy products at 10% above wholesale cost. Basic Buys are only for owners.
4. In years that the co-op is profitable, qualify to receive a patronage rebate check for a percentage of your annual purchases.
5. Receive a subscription to “Community News”, the co-op’s bi-monthly newsletter.
6. Get free unclassified ad space in our “Community News” newsletter calendar.
7. Have the experience of shopping where you own the store, being part of an organization that has nourished the community since 1971.
April 17, 2014
DIRT! The Movie–narrated by Jaime Lee Curtis–brings to life the environmental, economic, social and political impact that the soil has. It shares the stories of experts from all over the world who study and are able to harness the beauty and power of a respectful and mutually beneficial relationship with soil.
DIRT! The Movie is simply a movie about dirt. The real change lies in our notion of what dirt is. The movie teaches us: “When humans arrived 2 million years ago, everything changed for dirt. And from that moment on, the fate of dirt and humans has been intimately linked.” But more than the film and the lessons that it teaches, DIRT! The Movie is a call to action.
Inspired by William Bryant Logan’s acclaimed book Dirt: The Ecstatic Skin of the Earth, Dirt! The Movie takes a humorous and substantial look into the history and current state of the living organic matter that we come from and will later return to. Dirt! The Movie will make you want to get dirty!
Following the movie, guest speaker Chris Haynes and Manuel Rosales from Natural Resources Conservation Service will talk about local soil health and conservation efforts. Worm casting raffle compliments of the Vermillion Wormery!
April 19, 2014
Welcome new owners! We’d like to invite you to learn about how you can get the most out of your investment in the co-op. We’ll talk about how the co-op works, how owners participate, and how you can save money and eat healthy while shopping at the co-op. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanda Poindexter will teach you how you can quickly grow organic food in your home by sprouting seeds, beans, grains, or nuts. Taste various types of sprouts, learn how economical it is to organic sprouts right in your own kitchen, and leave with recipes and all the materials you need to get started. Sprouting is easy to learn and fast–sprouts are ready in 3-5 days and use little water and space. It’s a great family activity–children love to sprout and even pets can benefit from eating sprouts. (Please bring two clean 16 to 32 ounce class jars with lids.)
Children must be accompanied by parents. Walk-ins will not be accommodated. Pre-register in the store or by purchasing your ticket using the form below. Space is limited to 25 participants.